Music Together® and Somos Amigos are for children infants to age 5 with a parent or other adult caregiver. The following information pertains to both programs:
Fall 2017 Session
- 12 week session
- Classes begin the week of September 17
- Classes end the week of December 10
- No classes the week of Thanksgiving (November 20-26)
Tuition is all inclusive. There are no additional fees.
Fall 2017 Tuition:
- First child $288, second child $175, third child or more $50
- Infant siblings 9 months and younger attend free with a registered sibling
- New families also pay a $10 registration fee the first time they register.
- A $25 discount is offered for families registering for two programs.
Tuition for Music Together Includes:
- Two professionally recorded CDs and access to all the song tracks online so that they can be easily uploaded to any mobile device.
- A beautifully illustrated songbook with family activity suggestions.
- Parent education to help adults understand and enhance their child's music development.
- A quarterly newsletter and access to the national informative website.
- New families receive a DVD and booklet, "Music Together at Home: Help Your Child Grow Musically," a guide for parents and caregivers.
Tuition for Somos Amigos includes:
- Weekly 45 minute music based Spanish classes for parent and child (infants to 5 years).
- A CD with all the songs used in class.
- A bilingual songbook with coloring pages and 1 or 2 simple crafts.
Payment options: Families have 3 options for the tuition payment:
1. Pay full balance at the time of registration by PayPal.
2. Register and pay by check within 1 week. Checks can be mailed to Musical Beginnings at 8001 West Highway 71 #E103, Austin, TX 78735 or given to the teacher at class time.
2. Pay a $100 deposit and the balance split in 2 payments on day 1 of each month starting in 30 days.
- Two make-up classes are provided to families each session. Unlimited make-ups during the summer.
- Make-ups are available on a first come, first served basis (they are not guaranteed).
- Make-ups must be taken during the session classes were missed. They do not roll over to the next session.
- Music Together families can take make-up classes in Somos Amigos and visa versa.
- A $45 cancellation fee will be charged if a class is dropped before the start date of any session.
- No refund will be made after the first day of class. In addition, there are no transfers of tuition made to future sessions.
- Refunds are made by check only.
- At times, the class you reserve may not reach the minimum required enrollment (6 children) in which case your family will be transferred to your second class preference. If no other class choice is listed, then you can either be transferred to the following session or you will receive a full refund, whichever works best for you.
- There is no guarantee as to what specific teacher will lead a particular class. At times, last minute situations do occur where a particular teacher that was announced on a schedule is not able to do so.
- Your registration will be confirmed via email once your class reaches minimum enrollment (6 families).